Friday 11 February 2011

Reflections not all weak for Reflection Week

Q1:  Which thing have you found most useful so far?

A:  Learning how to go about setting up a blog, how it might be used, and also how to set up a Doodle poll which I'd only used passively up to now.

Q2:  Do you feel more confident online using social media sites?

A:  I had already been using Facebook but felt I was half blindfolded, whereas I feel it a bit easier to navigate now. I had never activated my Twitter account, so I will now see if anything interesting comes in that way.
Q3:  How can you apply what you've learned to your work?

A:   Practical insight into what students increasingly take for granted, but also more confidence to use Web 2.00 selectively, where it seems useful. I was struck by the finding that most Warwick researchers don't set much store by Web. 2.00 as a tool for them.


Q4:  Does this style of delivery suit your learning style?

A:  Yes indeed, as long as there is not too much going on at once. The step by step instructions remain as a permanent rescue line and I will need them for revision - I'm still not up to speed with RSS feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment